The future of healthcare must include consumer engagement in eHealth according to Healthcare Informatics which cites a new survey of stakeholders by the National eHealth Collaborative (NeHC) and its partner HealthCAWS, a healthcare services company.
National eHealth Collaborative (NeHC) is a public-private partnership that accelerates effective use of health IT to create a more patient and family centered healthcare system with better outcomes and greater value. NeHC works closely with the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT in the U.S.
The survey found the following important to support an organization’s consumer engagement efforts, and as a whole, indicate the need to work with multiple partners from associations, government agencies and solution service providers to engage consumers:
- Networking with colleagues (69 percent)
- NeHC Patient Engagement Framework (63 percent)
- Programs from the Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) for Health IT (59 percent)
- Vendor support (59 percent)
- NeHC tools and resources (47 percent)