MINNETONKA, Minn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–UnitedHealthcare has introduced a secure, online electronic bill-payment service that enables consumers to pay their medical bills and manage their health care claims and related expenses all from one location. The online service, known as myClaims Manager, is available to more than 21 million UnitedHealthcare plan participants nationwide.
The online feature helps consumers better manage their health-related finances by:
- helping consumers to check claims for accuracy and resolve any discrepancies;
- highlighting the current status of an individual’s deductible and out-of-pocket spending;
- tracking medical expenses for tax reporting;
- providing claim details with color-coded visuals that help consumers understand what they owe and why;
- allowing consumers to make notes and flag claims for follow-up, as well as mark claims that they’ve already paid;
- enabling consumers to pay their out-of-pocket expenses to care providers online from the site, simplifying the experience by managing their claims and payments all from one location; and
- explaining health care terms in easy-to-understand language.